There is no denying that having a Microsoft account can give us access to a wide variety of Microsoft products such as Hotmail/Outlook, Skype, Microsoft Store, Office, MSN, One Drive, Xbox Live, and many more. But today, given the popularity and preference, we assume that there is hardly anyone who will not be aware of hotmail and why not! It is one of the oldest and most preferred email services for most people around the world.
Now, upgraded to Outlook with many different new enhanced features, Hotmail becomes people’s first choice and thus every second person who now signs up for an account on Hotmail. However, it has been noticed that because they have no technical background, many Hotmail users experience problems logging into their respective accounts, but thankfully no more! To help all Hotmail users to access their accounts smoothly, we have prepared for you the comprehensive guide about how to log in to a hotmail account through several possible ways.
So, now, without wasting another second, follow the step-by-step process below for quick and easy log in to your Hotmail account via all (web browser, iOS and smartphone) devices:
Sign in to Hotmail via web browser
Step 1: Navigate to the Hotmail login page!
- To navigate to the ‘Hotmail Sign-in’ page, you must first open your favorite web browser (if you are using Mac, open Safari, and if you are using Windows OS, open one of the most popular browser i.e. Google).
- Once you open your respective web browser on your PC, place the cursor in the ‘Search Address bar’ and since Hotmail is now called ‘Live Mail’, paste this link “https://live.com” there. However, if you prefer, you can even use this “https://hotmail.com” link to go to the similar login page yourself. Not only that, you also have the option to visit the Hotmail login page at “https://outlook.live.com/owa/.”
- Now just click the ‘Enter’ button or click the ‘Search icon’ to go to the ‘Hotmail login page’.
Step 2: Enter username information related to Hotmail account!
- Once the ‘Sign Up’ page appears in front of you, you’ll see a text box there.
- Now what you need to do is place the cursor in the same text box that reads, “Enter Email ID or Phone Number.”
- Inside that, type your Hotmail email ID, username, or the phone number you registered during the Hotmail sign-up process. Alternatively, you can even enter your Hotmail account associated with ‘Skype handle’. [Note: It is the same page from where you can even opt for creating a new Hotmail account as all you’ve to do is hit the ‘Create One’ link available there to simply sign-up for one!]
- After entering the same, simply hit the ‘Next’ button.
Step 3: Enter the Hotmail account password!
Clicking the ‘Next’ button will take you to the next page where you will again see a text box that says ‘Enter password’.
Now all you need to do is place the cursor in the text box to enter your ‘Password’ associated with your Hotmail account. [Note: In case, if you are no longer able to remember your password then, simply just click on the ‘Forgot My Password’ link which is there at the bottom of this page. After that, by following the on-screen available instructions and by selecting a password recovery method, you can create a new password for your Hotmail account.]
Step 4: Go to your Hotmail account on the Webmail website!
- After entering your account password, you will see a “Keep me signed in” checkbox. So if you want to stay logged into your Hotmail account for a longer period of time, just check the box. This is optional though, you can skip it if you want.
As a final step to finally access your Hotmail account’s inbox page, click the ‘Sign In’ button.
That is it! Congratulations, you have successfully logged in to your Hotmail account.
This is all about how to log into your Hotmail account through your favorite web browser using Hotmail’s web address, but it’s not! You also have other options available that you can choose to access your Hotmail account, such as being able to login to your account via iOS or Android devices. Accessing your email account on mobile devices has many comprehensive benefits, for example, you can continue your Hotmail email exchange process anytime, anywhere. You can also get rid of the following below: Hotmail Webmail Issues that Hotmail users encounter with their account, that too every now and then!
- Hotmail login not working,
- Hotmail can’t send emails,
- Hotmail can’t receive emails, &
- Hotmail email page not loading, etc.
So, to be simple avoid the datum Hotmail issuesfollow this step-by-step guide on how to access your Hotmail account via mobile (iPhone and Android) apps in two ways:
Way 1: Sign in to Hotmail via iOS or Android Outlook application
Step 1: Download the app
- First of all, you have to download the Hotmail app which is none other than the MS Outlook app from the Google Play Store of your Android smartphone. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install the same on your device. Similarly, to download Outlook app on your iPhone, search the same in iPhone App Store and click on the “Download” button.
Step 2: Launch the app:
- Once the download process is complete, browse your mobile apps to launch the Outlook app on your respective mobile device. [Note: Those who already have the Outlook app available on their device, can simply skip the step 1.]
- After launching the app, navigate to the ‘Settings’ of the Outlook app and simply tap on the ‘Add Account’ option.
Step 3: Enter the corresponding Hotmail account information:
- Now you need to start entering the details associated with your Hotmail account and for that you need to enter your Hotmail account ID in the requested ‘Email text field’ first. Then tap the ‘Continue’ button. [Note: Before you move on, you need to make sure that you have included either “@hotmail.com” or “@Outlook.com” domain extension in your Hotmail email address.
- After that, on the subsequent page, you’ll be asked to enter your Hotmail account password, so simply enter it slowly and steadily while ensuring that you must use the ‘Caps Lock’ key very carefully as ‘Passwords are always case-sensitive.’
Step 4: Access Your Hotmail Account on iPhone or Android Mobile:
- As the final step, before you tap on the ‘Sign-in’ button, Outlook app requires permission from you to sync all your Hotmail account’s personal content for instance, your contacts, calendar, notes, and so on to make it available effortlessly from any of your devices so, simply give permission to sync the same. To do so, tap on the ‘Yes’ or ‘Allow’ button to start the data-syncing process.
- Now, you have to do nothing, just tap on the ‘Sign-in’ button to finally access your Hotmail account on your respective mobile device.
Also, Watch This Related Video:-
Way 2: Sign in to Hotmail via iOS or Android email client application
|Steps for iPhone Users||Steps for Android users|
|Step 1:To start logging into your Hotmail account in iOS’s built-in email app, you must first configure your Hotmail account in it. To do this, launch your iPhone’s ‘Settings’.||Step 1: Likewise, to log into your Hotmail account in Android’s built-in email app, you need to configure it and open your Android’s “Menu” for that.|
|Step 2: Under it, navigate from “Mail” to “Accounts and Passwords” and tap the “Add Account” option.||Step 2: Then tap the “Settings” icon to tap “Accounts” and “Add Account” respectively.|
|Step 3: Then tap on the ‘Other’ option and then also tap on ‘Add email account’.||Step 3: In the sequel, what you need to do next is just tap on the ‘Exchange’ option.|
|Step 4: Then select the domain ‘Hotmail.com’ to continue with the installation procedure.||Step 4: Then select ‘Hotmail’ email account to continue with the setup process.|
|Step 5: When you’re done selecting the domain, enter your Hotmail email address, along with your Hotmail password and the description of your Hotmail account.||Step 5:In the next step, you need to enter your Hotmail email address and any other requested details of the same such as the description.|
|Step 6: Now choose ‘IMAP or POP’ as the account type of your Hotmail account and then make sure to complete the following Hotmail server settings for iPhone:
If selected IMAP:
If selected POP3:
|Step 6: Now choose “IMAP or POP” as the account type to configure your Hotmail account by entering the following Hotmail settings for incoming and outgoing servers for Android:
If selected IMAP:
If selected POP3:
|Step 7: As you proceed, select the option from which data from your Hotmail account you want to sync. And when you’re done with the same decision, choose them from the options available.||Step 7: In the future, sync all your Hotmail account data on your Android mobile by just selecting the data of your choice.|
|Step 8: Finally, tap on the ‘Save’ button and enter your Hotmail account credentials to ensure that you have successfully logged in to your Hotmail account.||Step 8: As a final step, enter your Hotmail account credentials in the required fields and then tap the “Sign Up” button to finally access it.|
That’s all! This is the whole step by step guide on how to login to your Hotmail account easily through several possible ways. I hope you can do it now access your Hotmail account quite seamlessly, that too, without making any mistakes in any step of the ‘Sign up’ process.
There are several other email services and if you need help with their login steps, check out the list of services provided:
GMX email login
Mediacom webmail login
cox webmail login
Log in to Gmail
Verizon Email Login